Monday, July 24, 2017

SHARK!!!



Have you seen the new Jawsome collection from Bird's SVGs?  It is so much fun!!  



For some reason, I couldn't stop thinking about how I could use these cards for Christmas.
Before the collection was even released, I was making a list (and checking it twice) of puns and sayings I could use with this fabulous fish.  

Here's the first one:


and when you open it up, you get the singing shark wearing a Santa hat on his dorsal fin for the holidays! 


I laugh every time I look at it!

Next up, I turned this guy's frown upside down and gave him a Santa hat too. I also thought it might be fun to put a candy cane in his teeth - I just tucked one in there for now, but might make it double sided before I secure it onto the card because you can see it from the inside too!


On the inside:


Searching online, I found a graphic with a hilarious little edit of the Santa Claus is Coming to Town lyrics. I'm thinking about sticking it on the inside cover of the Santa Jaws card. It goes:

I see when you're swimming,
below you and your wake.
I know if you taste bad or good
so beware for goodness sake!

What do you think - should I add that, or is it too creepy for Christmas?

I created the alternate sentiments myself using fonts Milkshake and Arial Black. I jazzed up the colored words with one of my new favorite products - Wink of Stella in clear. It adds a lovely shimmer to any project and I find I'm putting it on almost everything I make!
It's hard to photograph, but you can kind of see it in this picture on the red SHARK letters.



Since I made a list already, I thought I'd share a few more Christmas puns to go with this Jawsome collection:

~ May your days be merry and bite
~ Sea-cret Santa
~ We fish you a merry Christmas
~ Season's Eatings


I sure had a lot of fun making these cards and the pop-up shark was very easy to put together if you watch Bird's assembly video.  I can't wait for an excuse to make them with the original sentiments. I love the Happy Birthday tag with the bite out of the corner - so funny and clever!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a fin-tastic day!

13 comments:

  1. I absolutely love everything about your cards Lee! I love their cute little hats and the silly look on the Shark with the upturned mouth. It's just so clever how the pop-out Shark looks like he's singing now. Who knew that Sharks could be so Christmas-y?
    Thank you so much
    - Bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I don't think the rest of the lyrics are too creepy, especially not for an adult, now that you've reminded me I need to break out my wink of stella too :)

      Delete
  2. Lee!!!! This is just brilliant!!!! Love it.....Your mind is as wacky as mine :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute! My husband will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny!!! Not creepy at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee you have a natural talent for turning the norm in to fun.
    Not many people can do that.
    Your cards are stunning and so simple.That is why they are perfect.
    Please keep the puns up and coming. I look forward to seeing what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post! I've just started with making paper cards. I'm not creative so your ideas with pictures are so helpful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't stop giggling. These are delightful! Thanks for showing your inspired use of these designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a 10 year old nephew that is fascinated by sharks and this is a must for him. I love the verses for the inside. Even a surfer would love this adorable card. I am so glad you have such creative talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As soon as I saw this card I had to get it for all the grandson's birthdays but I love what you have done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the sweet comments - hope you have as much fun with these as I did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh! These are AWESOME! I especially love the sentiments you came up with and I think the revised lyrics are GENIUS!!! I'm sure this card isn't perfect for everyone, but I know quite a few people who would TOTALLY appreciate these!!! LOVE it! Keep this kind of humor coming!!!

    ReplyDelete