Saturday, October 31, 2015

Nativity Paperscape Card


I think the paperscape cards from Dreaming Tree are just so cool!  This Nativity card is from the Christmas Paperscape Cards collection.  As mentioned here previously, I just love projects that I can light up, so this is right up my alley. 

I frequently leave my cards unfinished (as I've done here) so that I can personalize them down the road when I decide who the recipient will be. I will likely add a foil message in the top section using my Minc machine, but I haven't made up my mind what I want to say yet.

I'm primarily posting this now because of the happy accident I discovered when gluing it all together. I used some starry looking paper from an old DCWV Christmas paper stack to cut out the background piece. It has the lyrics to "We Three Kings of Orient Are" printed in swirls all over the paper. I just stuck the 12x12" paper to my Cricut mat and hit go.

Check out where the "O Star of wonder..." lyric shows up on the paper.  The star placement couldn't be more perfect if I had planned it that way.  In fact, if I had tried to place the star where it landed, this probably would never have happened!!  #fuzzymathskills


I guess I was meant to use this paper for this particular project.  Couldn't be happier with the result.

Thanks for stopping by!

#xmaspaperscape3dsvg

No comments:

Post a Comment