Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A Thing for Paper

I come from a long line of artsy crafters.  I remember my grandmother helping me build a homemade tissue box out of construction paper when I was home from school sick one day. I'm pretty sure that was the first 3D paper project I ever created!

Ever since I was a kid, I've had a thing for paper. And for making things. It all started with my sticker book in the early 80's.  I've dabbled in lots of other crafts since then, but I always come back to playing with paper. When the Cricut was first released, I HAD to have one!  Paper crafting sure has come a long way.

Over the past year or so, I've fallen in love with making 3D paper projects.  They are fun to build and even more fun to personalize.  And you can't beat the look of amazement on somebody's face when you give them the most amazing birthday card or a gift in a box that you made by hand, just for them.

I've been meaning to post some of these projects online for the longest time and figure there's no time like the present!

No comments:

Post a Comment